WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are harmless text files stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The utility of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when you navigate the page again. Although many people do not know it, cookies are used for 20 years, when the first browsers appeared for the World Wide Web.
WHAT IS NOT A COOKIE?
It is not a virus, a trojan, no worm, no spam, or spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES A COOKIE STORE?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your DNI or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, personal preferences, customization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, if you browse habitually with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because in fact is associated to the browser, not the person.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES ARE EXISTING?
Technical cookies: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when is navigating a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections that you use the most, the products consulted, the time frame of use, the language, etc.
Cookies publicitàries: They show advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
WHAT ARE THE OWN AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
The own cookies are generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE THE COOKIES?
In order to understand the extent to which cookies may be disabled, we will show you some examples:
– You will not be able to share content on this website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
– The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, as is usually the case in online stores.
– You will not be able to access the personal area of this website, such as “My Account” or “My Profile” or “My Orders.”
– Online stores: It will be impossible for you to shop online, you will have to be telephone or visit the physical store if you have it.
– It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
– The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, and that makes the web more competitive.
– You will not be able to write on the blog, or you can shoot photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will not be able to know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
– Sectorized advertising will not be shown, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
CAN THE COOKIES BE ELIMINATED?
If. Not only eliminate, also block, in a general or particle way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated to the domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
CONFIGURATION OF COOKIES FOR MORE POLULARS NAVIGATORS
Here’s how to access a cookie determined by your browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the version of the browser.
1. Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by tapping the customization icon that appears in the upper right.
2. You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options.
3. Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
4. Select All cookies and site data.
5. A list with all the cookies ordered by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a particular domain, enter the entire address in the Search for cookies field.
6. After performing this filter, one or more lines will appear on the screen with the cookies on the requested website. Now you just have to select and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
Explorer browser :
1. Go to Tools, Internet Options.
2. Click on Privacy.
3. Adjust the level of privacy you want.
Firefox browser :
1. Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
2. Click on Privacy.
3. In History, choose Use customized settings for the history.
4. Now you will see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
Safari browser for OSX :
1. Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
2. In this site you will see the option Locking cookies to adjust the type of blocking you want to make.
Safari browser for iOS:
1. Go to Settings, then Safari.
2. Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Locking cookies to adjust the type of lock you want to make.
browser for android devices:
1. Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
2. Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to activate or deactivate the box.
browser for window phone devices:
1. Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings.
2. You can now enable or disable the Allow cookies.